Exciting Opportunity With The Falcons Community Foundation
Monday 3 December 2012
The Falcons Community Foundation are seeking to expand their community engagement program and are seeking to employ a HITZ Project Officer.
The details of the position are as follows:
Role: Hitz Project Officer
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 (Dependent on experience)
Reports to: Hitz Project Manager and Newcastle Falcons Community Manager
Closing date: 11/1/13
Interview date: Week beginning 21/1/13
The Falcons Community Foundation replaced the Newcastle Falcons Community Department in Jan 2005. Since then we have been registered charity (no. 1107851). Winners of the 2007 Parliamentary Citizenship Award, our aim is to motivate, educate and inspire via the power of sport. We work across 5 pillars of activity; Club Development, Grassroots Sports, Health, Social Inclusion and education. Last season, we had contact with over 15,000 users and wish to further develop and expand.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring team player who has proven ability to plan, deliver and evaluate high quality rugby activities. You will combine your passion for rugby and sport with strong organisational, communication and administrative skills. As well as being a strong rugby coach, you will also have the ability to engage positively and build relationships with challenging young people. You will also be expected to be able to communicate with a wide range of strategic partners.
The position will be based in Newcastle and surrounding areas. Due to the nature of the job some evening and weekend work will be required. Applicants must hold a valid driving license and have access to a suitable vehicle.
- To develop, in conjunction with the Project Manager, a suitable social inclusion rugby programme for Newcastle Falcons.
- To organise, set up, lead and coordinate rugby sessions at identified venues, coordinating competitions and other events as appropriate. All activities should be appropriate to the needs of the target audience and be line with the Hitz strategic aims.
- To be responsible for high quality delivery of community and social inclusion sessions as agreed in the programme
- To keep accurate monitoring records for all sessions and contribute to the gathering and analysis of evaluation information for activities and individuals within those activites.
-To work in partnership with a dedicated training provider to provide young people with access to functional skills and foundation learning courses.
- To work with safer neighbourhood teams, youth groups, schools and other local agencies to encourage links between them to recruit and support ongoing participation and achievement by young people.
- To identify and direct young people onto relevant education, training, volunteering opportunities and onto work placements and apprenticeships.
- To liaise with local funding agencies to ensure growth and sustainability of the programme.
- To maximise opportunities to raise awareness amongst the target audiences and the surrounding areas of rugby activities and encourage their participation.
- To oversee any appropriate budgets ensuring spend is within budget and raising any overspend issues with the Project Manager at an early stage
- To produce update reports for Project Manager and funding agencies and related partners as required.
- To identify and follow up potential opportunities to develop activities in line with the strategic development of the Hitz programme.
- Minimum Level 2 Rugby Football Union coaching award
- Current Criminal Records Bureau Check
- Experience of coaching within a range of environments
- Good understanding of the sports networks and the strategy
- Detailed knowledge of current coaching and training processes and how to adapt and target participants according to ability
- A passion for sport and an understanding of wider issues related to sport, health and education
- An enthusiastic and committed individual who will ‘go the extra mile’ to deliver results
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication and motivation skills
- Valid driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- An ability to inspire others
- Other NGB Level 1/Level 2 qualifications
- Degree qualified –strong academic record
- Sporting Background
- Experience coaching with a range of age groups, demographics and abilities
- Experience of working in an educational setting with knowledge of assessment and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of working with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders; including sports clubs and national governing bodies
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing relevant experience and why you are suitable for the job to:
Falcons Community Foundation
Kenton Bank Foot
Newcastle upon Tyne