Euro draw date revealed
The pool draw takes place at 1pm UK time from Neuchatel and will be streamed live on the tournament website www.epcrugby.com .
Russian side Enisei-STM are again in the pot after making their first appearance in last season’s competition, Romanian club Timisoara Saracens making their debut after coming through qualifying.
The key principles for the European Challenge Cup draw are outlined below:
* The 20 clubs which have qualified on merit from the Aviva Premiership, the Greene King IPA Championship, the PRO12, the TOP 14, the PRO D2, and from the Challenge Cup qualifying competition will compete in the 2016/17 Challenge Cup in five pools of four clubs.
* The clubs are divided into four tiers based on the qualification positions from their respective Leagues. A draw will be carried out in advance of the pool draw proper to complete the tiers.
* Each of the five pools will include one club from each of the four tiers.
* Each pool will have at least one club from the Aviva Premiership, the TOP 14 and the PRO12.
* There will be no more than two clubs from the same League in a pool.
* No pool will contain two PRO12 clubs from the same country.
* Clubs from the same League will be kept apart until the Tier 4 allocation.
* A club from the qualifying Competition cannot be drawn into a pool which contains two TOP 14 clubs or two Premiership clubs.
All three home European Challenge Cup group games are included in Newcastle Falcons’ 2016-17 season ticket membership package. For more information or to book your place [**click here**] or call 0871 226 6060.