Player Blitz another resounding success
Newcastle Falcons’ squad engaged with around 2,000 young players on Sunday morning as the 2018 Falcons Player Blitz saw 15 grassroots clubs receive visits around their busy Sunday morning programmes.
Part of the Falcons Community Foundation’s Club Connections programme, which is designed to foster closer relations between the Gallagher Premiership club and the region’s grassroots community, the Blitz Is the first event of the season that takes members of the squad out to these clubs.
Among the many highlights of this year’s edition saw:
– Gary and Guy Graham head north of the wall on a visit to Langholm RFC, where the brothers helped not only coach the club’s junior section but also roll their sleeves up and lend a hand in the ongoing refurbishment of Langholm’s gym.
– Skipper Will Welch coach the youth sections at Ponteland RFC.
– Brett Connon return to his hometown club Carlisle RFC, accompanied by fellow Cumbrian Rob Farrar.
– Glen Young and Johnny Williams coach four separate junior age groups at Gosforth RFC
– Calum Green and Santiago Socino prepare teams for matches they were playing later in the day.
– Alex Tait and Joel Hodgson head over the water to Sunderland RFC while Callum Chick and Michael Young got involved with all of the junior sections at Houghton RFC
With over 30 clubs part of the programme, Club Connections sees members entitled to a range of exclusive opportunities in recognition of their efforts in helping the Falcons spread the word of Gallagher Premiership Rugby.
These include player visit to the clubs in addition to the Blitz, tickets, signed Falcons items to use in raffles and auctions each season, club development nights and priority booking on festivals at Kingston Park.
For more information about club connections, email email@example.com