Vacancy: Junior academy physiotherapist
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and forward-thinking team with a proven track record of producing professional rugby players for the Newcastle Falcons first team squad.
Based at Kingston Park Stadium in Newcastle upon Tyne (with some travel around the region), the job will involve working closely with the most talented young rugby players in the elite pathway in their pursuit of excellence to assess, diagnose, rehabilitate and prevent injuries.
To apply for this role, please send us an up-to-date CV showing your experience and qualifications and a short video message which outlines why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the role.
All applications must be made to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Sunday June 13, with interviews taking place during the following week.
**Title:** Junior Academy Physiotherapist
**Reports to:** Academy Manager
**Remuneration:** IRO £20-23k (dependant on experience)
**Start Date:** July 2021
**Purpose of Role:** To plan, deliver and review all aspect of medical care within the Junior Academy (U15-U18) with a focus on injury assessment, diagnosis, rehabilitation and prevention.
* Lead and manage all medical provision for the Junior Academy in line with club directives, working in conjunction with other staff and taking a lead role in the development of all contracted Junior Academy players.
* Provide pitch-side cover at all Junior Academy training sessions and age group fixtures in conjunction with other staff, providing strapping requirements, injury management and pitch side extraction where appropriate.
* Provide trauma, triage, screening, assessment and diagnosis of new injuries as well as planning and delivering rehabilitation, treatment and bi-weekly management of on-going injuries to all Junior Academy players.
* Update coaches bi-weekly on injury diagnosis and return-to-play time frames, communicating with international age group staff and liaising with CSC staff to monitor progress against objective markers.
* Work in collaboration with medical staff at schools, clubs and CBs to ensure Junior Academy players follow a single rehabilitation plan, visiting off site where appropriate and develop strong working relationships across the network and providing supporting education to all.
* Provide additional support to all Junior Academy EAPs in line with their individual development, plan the form of additional off-site injury rehabilitation sessions, recovery sessions, robustness provision and well-being support
* Oversee the level of medical provision within the Developing Player Programme, including managing the minimum standards of care and the education of players, coaches and parents on recovery, injury management and injury prevention.
* Provide medical support to the ACE Scheme at Gosforth Academy, holding bi-weekly injury clinics and providing pitch-side cover to all matches in conjunction with other staff.
* Liaise with Academy S+C Coach to devise and deliver injured player rehabilitation programmes as well as leading injury surveillance and research projects from time to time.
* Manage and maintain up-to-date records of all Junior Academy players in accordance with club directives on the rugby squad central player database.
**The successful candidate must have:**
* Experience working in a rugby environment and understanding of youth development/physiology.
* Appropriate professional qualifications including a relevant degree and ICIS (or equivalent).
* Flexibility to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends.
* Organised, efficient and able to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Ability to act in a professional, accountable and legally responsible manner at all times.
* Enhanced DBS clearance and a full driving licence with access to a car/transport.
**Key Performance Indicators:**
* Effectiveness of clinical interventions provided to academy players.
* Up-to-date record keeping and monitoring of each player over time on rugby squad.
* Development of sustainable practices across the academy.
* Adherence to all RFU / PRL regulations to maintain the academy licence.
* Adherence to RFU / PGB minimum standards such as CSP, HPC and other medical protocols.
* Feedback from players / stakeholders on the quality of service provided.