Academy Intern Physiotherapist
- Physiotherapy degree or diploma
- State registered physiotherapistb (HPC registration)
- Membership of CSP
- Previous sports physiotherapy experience
- Pitch-side trauma qualification
- Driving license and car owner
- Provide sports physiotherapy services for Newcastle Falcons full and part-time academy players at designated training sessions and matches at a number of locations
- Provide sports physiotherapy services for the Newcastle Falcons AASE programme - training and matches
- Ensure appropriate provision of medical/physiotherapy supplies and equipment at each training session and match attended in line with RFU regulations
- Liaise as required with senior medical staff to ensure appropriate medical management of academy players
- Liaise effectively with other members of the academy medical and performance staff to ensure appropriate management of academy players
- Participate in player education programmes as required
- To work within the scope and standards of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Be accountable for individual professional actions within scope of practice
- Maintain up to date clinical records, utilising electronic notes where necessary
Newcastle Falcons Academy is undergoing a dramatic change in structure to promote the development of young rugby talent in the North East; to assist this there is a requirement for a full-time intern to join our medical team. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified physiotherapist to gain invaluable sports experience in an elite environment. This opportunity would be ideal for someone graduating this year.Personal Specification - Essential:
Renumeration for this post will be in the form of funding to attend the RFU Intermediate Care in Sport Course, provision of Newcastle Falcons training kit, in-service training to improve your Sports Physiotherapy portfolio, expenses and provision of food on scheduled training days.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(closing date 31st May 2013)
Please contact the above address for any further information or to arrange a visit.
Sports Science/Strength and Conditioning Intern
- The candidate should ideally be available on a full-time basis, have a degree in a sports related subject and want to progress in the S&C and/or sports science field.
- A program of in-house CPD would be provided and the right candidate would be trained in any areas deemed relevant by the academy staff.
- Candidates should have an up to date CRB form, would be expected to be available for work outside of normal working hours and should ideally be available from the end of June 2013 to May 2014
Matchday bar and food service staff, Chef and Kitchen Porter roles.
Newcastle Falcons Academy is looking to recruit a sports science/strength and conditioning intern for the 2013-2014 season. br> br>The role will involve a combination of S&C and sports science support for player throughout the Newcastle Falcons academy whose ages range from 14-23. The main roles would include physiological and subjective player and training monitoring and assisting the academy S&C coach in delivery of gym and field based sessions.
Those interested in the post should send a CV to Academy S&C Coach Grant Beasley: email@example.com
(closing date 7th June 2013)