Job opportunity: Strength and conditioning coach
**JOB TITLE:** Strength and Conditioning Coach
**REPORTING TO:** Head of Athletic Performance
**SALARY:** Dependant on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the performance team at Newcastle Falcons. We are looking to recruit a Strength and Conditioning coach who is highly driven and enthusiastic with experience of working in elite sport and ideally rugby union.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of all aspects of strength and conditioning including programming, monitoring and testing within the senior squad.
**RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES**
* To deliver all aspects of strength and conditioning practices and programming to a high standard as required by the Head of Performance
* Organisation and implementation of monitoring practices including GPS and heart rate.
* Assist in the design and implementation of individualised programs to systematically improve performance and reduce injury
* To effectively work alongside medical and rugby departments
* Delivery of field-based sessions including speed development, specific conditioning and warm-ups
* Ensure performance and cultural standards are upheld at all times
* To maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all 1st XV players and provide regular feedback as requested to continually drive performance enhancement
* Assist with the development and delivery of injured players programs
* Provide match-day support to all senior squad fixtures
* Must have excellent coaching skills and be highly adaptable
* Skilled in building effective and productive relationships with players and staff
* High level excel skills to facilitate monitoring and training load analysis and interpretation
* Thorough knowledge and ability to create strength, speed, power and conditioning programs as required by the Head of Performance
* Excellent understanding of the needs and demands of Premiership rugby
* Ability to effectively interpret and communicate monitoring and training load data to guide the training process
* Relevant degree in Strength and Conditioning or Sports Science
* Experience of working in high level sport
* UKSCA or relevant Strength and Conditioning qualification
* Post graduate qualification in Strength and Conditioning or related field
* Experience of working in professional rugby
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Monday 11th of April, 2016.